Narrandera Local Services
Narrandera ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Narrandera site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Narrandera Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Narrandera When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Narrandera Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Narrandera Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Narrandera ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Narrandera and a Place to Meet
The narrandera.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Narrandera
Narrandera, located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, is a town with a rich history and many interesting facts to discover.
1. Narrandera is home to one of Australia's largest water bird habitats, the Narrandera Wetlands. It is a popular destination for birdwatchers, with over 200 species of birds recorded in the area.
2. The town was named after an Aboriginal word meaning "forked stick in the ground", which was used to mark a ceremonial site near the Murrumbidgee River.
3. Narrandera was an important hub for the river trade during the 1800s, with paddle steamers transporting goods and passengers up and down the Murrumbidgee River.
4. During World War II, Narrandera was used as a training ground for Australian soldiers, and a number of military installations were constructed in the area.
5. Narrandera is home to the world's largest playable guitar, which stands at over 5 metres tall and weighs over 600 kilograms. The guitar was built by local luthier Mark Foley and is housed in the Guitar Museum on East Street.
6. The town is surrounded by some of Australia's most productive agricultural land, with crops including wheat, rice, and canola grown in the area.
7. The Narrandera railway station is a heritage-listed building, dating back to the 1880s. It is an excellent example of Victorian railway architecture, with its distinctive red-brick facade and ornate ironwork.
8. Ned Kelly, Australia's most infamous bushranger, and his gang passed through Narrandera during their infamous string of robberies in the late 1800s.
9. Narrandera is home to a number of unique and quirky festivals, including the John O'Brien Festival, which celebrates the life and work of Australian poet John O'Brien, and the Narrandera Hot Rod and Custom Car Festival, which draws car enthusiasts from all over the country.
10. The town boasts a number of beautiful parks and gardens, including the Lake Talbot Swimming Complex, which features a 50-metre pool, waterslides, and a splash park for kids.